BRAIN LAUNCH currently offers three developmental programs.
These programs strengthen what we call the foundational processing systems of the brain; the brain systems that form the foundation for physical coordination and self-regulation, attention and concentration, listening and reading comprehension, learning and everyday life performance.
The BRAIN LAUNCH Processing Programs are administered by an Occupational Therapist who may have the parent or other coach (mature teenager or adult) at home allowing for less frequent office visits. This makes the programs very affordable while remaining effective. The ideal program results require a regular regimen of using it. While still beneficial, the time between sessions should not be excessively long.
Our programs are based on proven developmental concepts. Instructions guide you through the programs in a scripted step-by-step manner, which make them easy to administer. Instructions are received through our website, one section at a time. Once the child passes all of the exercises in a section, the next section becomes available. There are 6 sections (104 Exercises) in the PRE-LAUNCH Program, 9 sections (169 Exercises) in the LAUNCH Program 1 and 16 sections (304 Exercises) in the LAUNCH Program 2.
We recommend doing a minimum of 30-minute exercise sessions, 3 or 4 times per week until the program is completed. Most children enjoy doing the exercises and some will want to do longer sessions. But, try not to exceed 60 minutes. The time length required to complete a program will also depend upon the child’s developmental level and cooperation, and the coach’s efficiency in delivering the program.
What makes the BRAIN LAUNCH programs unique?
Our programs are the only developmental programs that accomplish ALL of the following:
- Effective in improving a child’s learning ability
- Exercises develop the Foundational Processing Systems in a face-to-face, one-on-one manner, like in a clinical setting
- Only programs that develop the Foundational Processing Systems from the ground up (lower level basic processing systems to higher level more complex processing systems)
- User Friendly (scripted in a step-by-step manner)
The BRAIN LAUNCH Processing Programs take a major commitment from parents and the student, but it may be the most important commitment and gift you ever give your child. A gift that will help assure your child gets off to their best start in school and will benefit them the rest of their life. If you as a parent do not think you have the time or energy to make such a commitment, ask a relative or friend if they would be willing to help you out or hire someone (mature teenager or adult) to deliver the program to your child.
The programs are not just for children who are struggling in school. Strengthening the foundational processing systems will improve a child’s performance in all areas of life, even if they are advanced for their age. MORE ->
Welcome to Brain Launch!
Hi there! My name is Dr. Don Helms and I am so excited to welcome you to my first blog and the BRAIN LAUNCH community. I know most of you, especially parents of young children and teens will find my information interesting and valuable.
The main purpose of my blog is to provide information that if understood and implemented will help address a couple of our society’s biggest problems.
- The first problem is that over the last two decades the number of children experiencing attention and learning difficulties has escalated significantly. These difficulties have led to more and more students underachieving academically and having negative labels placed upon them.
- The second problem is the escalating number of teens who are not developing the communication, social and problem-solving skills needed to actualize their true potential as human beings.
Let me tell you a little about myself and my journey towards helping solve these destructive problems